Sunday, April 06, 2008

Places Your Mind Shouldn't Even Go

Although I dreamed it on June 19, 2008, I ran into your sister a couple of times in lush springtime settings. She kept telling me that it was the anniversary of her brother's death. I tried to remember if there were other brothers besides the two of you, who are both still living (I hope.) I thought about calling you to see if something really did happen to your brother, but I couldn't figure out the numbers on my phone because I was dreaming, and then I realized that it is your sister who's gone, and I looked all over for her so that I could break the news. I lingered on the parallels between our families and worried for a while that I might be her and therefore not alive either. I finally found her in a place I've been recently, Allerton Mansion's Oak Room, although it was now attached to a busy street. She looked very young and happy and asked me if we should have a drink. I don't know if I ever told her she's gone because in my confusion I had to wake up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home